Tuesday 22 September 2015

Mother Theresa: My Tribute

Mother Theresa: My Tribute


About this : I created this a few months back, as a tribute to Mother Theresa. The medium used was charcoal on hot press paper. I started to draw in charcoal around 2 years back, during my boring Delhi days. But I did not show any professional approach at that time. I used charcoal pencils on regular paper (The pencils were gifted by my uncle).
The first charcoal drawing was a self portrait of me.




 Then I got more professional stuffs from strathmore and artmate from my sister. And this is my first professional approach to drawing. I believe that I did much better as my debut and hope that I can do even more in coming days. 



I searched on google to find a rare photo of Mother, which should also be feasible to express in charcoal and I short listed a few ones. But when I came across this one on the internet, the mercy and the joy of mother's face had attracted me and I decided to draw this one. But it is very difficult to see when someone frame your artwork without any care and respect even if you pay more than the standard, So net time I decided to do the framing myself  I feel very happy and blessed when I see this on my wall everyday. Thank God for helped me to finish this as it is.The working details are given below:


medium :charcoal on paper
time: ~ 30hrs
paper : Strathmore Artist Papers 300 series
charcoal : artmate vine charcoal n camlin charcoal pencils



 You can follow my works on my facebook page DJ's ArtMojo LIKE SHARE and SUPPORT.
Stay blessed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment